Robert Stewart | For more information, visit me at www.themountaindepartment.com
Robert Stewart | Skiing CV
Rob Stewart is a Professional skier who has taught at all levels of the sport and competed in freestyle and freeride events in Europe and New Zealand. Robs passion for skiing has helped to start new projects on the web and has enabled the continued involvement with ski teaching all over the world. Consultant to various media publications and related websites including The Metro, The Evening Standard, TheSkiSchools.com, Crystal Ski and The Skiing Department skiing Blog. Rob skis regularly in Switzerland, France and Norway and enjoys teaching skiers of all abilities.
Key Ski Teaching Experience
- Portes Du Soleil, France/Switzerland. Ski Teacher.
Specialising in coaching clinics for intermediate and advanced skiers. Specific coaching was given to skiers in various disciplines including piste performance, race training and mogul skiing. Working alongside UIAGM Mountain guides, ESF Instructors and other BASI ski teachers.
- Verbier, Switzerland. Ski instructor/Head ski instructor.
Head Ski Instructor for independent ski school affiliated with Ecole Suisse Du Ski in Verbier. Teaching all levels of skiing from beginner to expert over a four year period. Responsible for organising ski school instructors on a daily basis and running instructor coaching sessions.
- Johannesburg, South Africa. Two summer seasons. Full time Ski instructor/Head ski instructor.
Head ski instructor on an artificial ski slope in South Africa.
- Les Orres, France. Winter Season. Full time ski instructor.
Teaching skiers of all abilities including school groups and adults in affiliation with the Ski School.
- Aviemore, Scotland. Winter season. Full time ski Instructor.
A consistent season for snow meant a busy and cold ski season teaching all abilities on Cairngorm Mountain.
Other Relevant Skiing Experience
- British Association Of Snowsport Instructors ISIA Qualified.
- Member of Queenstown Freestyle Ski Team (Moguls), New Zealand.
This included competing in national competitions and coaching junior racers.
- Entered 'Freeride' competitions with top 5 results in events throughout New Zealand.
- Two seasons free skiing and racing - Verbier, Switzerland.
- Part-time Ski Instructor at the following Dry-Ski Slopes: Bracknell, Gosling, Hillend & Gloucester.